Job trends peak and trough at various times depending on a range of external factors. Use job trend information to gain a picture of the short-term opportunities available. If you choose to take advantage of this information, factor it into your short-term career plan.
Think about how a move into a trend occupation:
- suits your personal circumstances including your location, your family commitments and your skills and interests;
- impacts on any long-term work and life ideas you have; and
- fits with where you see yourself living and working in 3 years time.
Positive work and study moves take your current circumstances and your future ideas about work and life into account together with information about the economy and labour market trends.
What do I look for?
Use the occupational information on this site to help you work out
- what you might like about working in this area;
- what day-to-day work might be like;
- the type of work that suits you;
- the training or education you’ll need;
- future job trends, opportunities and demands;
- where to search for a specific job in related industries; and
- salaries and wages you will be likely to earn.
Your personal trends
See if you pick up any personal trends as you explore the occupations on this site. You might find you are drawn to the same sorts of duties, conditions or personal requirements. Write these down. They provide clues into your job interests.
Tools that help
Use the Occupation tools to get started exploring occupations.