There are five senior colleges and campuses who offer students from 16 years to mature age the opportunity to continue or re-enter education.
Each college or campus provides opportunities to study a variety of programs which include:
– WACE (Western Australian Certificate of Education).
– Flying start (can progress to WACE studies).
– STAT (Special Tertiary Admissions Test).
– Year 11 and Year 12.
– VET (Vocational Education and Training).
– Open learning/flexible study for those who cannot attend school. This is for adults who work
full-time, who have family commitments or who cannot otherwise easily access education.
For more information, check these websites:
Safety Net and Standby applications
Applications for second semester closed on June 6th, 2012. If you have missed out on submitting an application for study at a State Training provider, a Safety Net application may be your next option. A Safety Net application is considered if there are any places available in a course you select after the official enrolment time.
Below are links to the State Training providers for a Safety Net application.
– Central Institute of Technology
NOTE: Contact Central Institute of Technology directly to obtain a safety net application via email.