Going to the the Skills West Expo? Expos and conferences are excellent career development opportunities. But how do you make the most of them? How do you work the room?
Here are some useful hints and tips:
1) Ask yourself what you want from the expo. Why are you going?
- Pens/freebies, etc?
- Career advice?
- Course advice?
- Help choosing options?
- No idea?
2) Find out which exhibitors will be there and visit their websites
You will gain so much more information if you know who the exhibitors are and what they do before you arrive.
3) Plan your questions in advance
- What are the entry requirements for this course/training?
- What can I do to improve my chances of getting into this job/career/course?
- What jobs are available after the course/training?
- Do you have open days?
- What are the costs involved?
- Where can I get extra guidance?
4) Follow up after the expo by visiting the Career Centre
The Career Centre provides free and independent training information and career guidance. Once you’ve researched career and training options at the expo, we can help you plan your next step!